7.12.11

Joining in on the 2012 WIPocalpyse

Have you ever watched Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory? The first one...not Johnny Depp's latest. Remember the wonder you felt when you saw the chocolates and candies? How about when you entered Disneyland for first time? (For those who were lucky enough to go anyway). Or the first time you saw the HAED site? Hahaha! THIS is how I feel now that I'm discovered hundreds, if not thousands, of other stitchers out there.

They have SALS (stitch-a-longs), Crazy Challenges, and the WIPocalypse.  My eyes have been twinkling and my butts been wiggling in my seat since I found out an hour ago.

*insert diabolical cackle and mischievous grin*

I want in on this too!

Ok, I know I've already declared and have been building myself up to start my very first HAED. But! As I told my Panda, I'm very sure I need 'breaks' every so often to stitch tiny projects. This is to just fuel my sense of accomplishment. Nothing beats being able to "FINISH" something, right? Besides, I don't want to end the year with nothing in a 2012 Little Triumphs tab (finishes). 

One challenge is to start 15 projects (one a day) for the first 15 days of january and finish it throughout the year...the other challenge is to start one project a day for the entire january. That's 30 projects! Are they nuts??? :) I can't do that! Not unless I stop working and stay at home permanently. Those that join that must have oodles and oodles of time...or stitch at lightning speed. 

Heck no.

So I'm joining the WIPocalypse challenge. No limit to the number of projects to pick. :D Yay! All I have to do is post a list (like a bucket list) of patterns and label it 2012 WIPocalypse. Awesome. 

Can do? I think so... 

Now off to rummage through my patterns to pick the ones I want to join in the WIPocalypse... 

*waves TATA! Toodles for now*

Bugger, I forgot to post the link in case you guys may want in on it too. Well, here it is. :D
Click here: 2012 WIPocalypse

3 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

I just started my blog last year and was also so excited to find so many other stitchers out there, all around the world. You can get lots of ideas from visiting other blogs, but be careful that you don't spend all day on the computer with no time for stitching!

beawang said...

Hi! How did you join WIPocalypse? Or do you just post it in your blog? I wanna join too! Oh my, I have a lot of patterns to go through, it will be hard to choose!

ArtsyFartsy Panda said...

Hi beawang. Here you go...here's the link. This might help you. http://measi.net/measiblog/2012-wipocalypse/wipocalypse-basic-info/