8.12.11

GLEEP-GLORP my ORT!!!

My ORT Jar


Ok, I went and hunted and came home with my prize. Got a nice simple, vintage-y kind of jar for my ORTs. It's absolutely empty. But hopefully it'll fill up... I do plan on stitching a lot this year.

Makes me sigh to think of ALL those threads I threw away the past few months. Heck, how was I supposed to know they had some kind of use??

Hmmm... seeing other peoples ORT jars makes me think of those colored sand-in-a-bottle things.

I wanted to "pose" my ORT JAR somehow. Decided to place the two books I'm currently reading behind it. Maybe in a week or two, I can post my jar with something else AND with something in it's belly. I can easily just imagine my ORT jar as being an alien..and it needs thread to survive. And it's saying "GLEEP-GLORP-ORT". Probably means "FEED. ME. NOW"

Now THIS is the stitch-a-long I can easily join with... just collect your little piece of thread and throw them in here...then post updates. Cool. Sooo easy. :) My ORT jar will probably go "Stitch woman...and feed me". Heck, that's another kind of motivation... (grasping at straws in order not to chicken out of the HAED).

Oh and... if you still don't have an ORT jar...you should get one. So you can start filing it up when the new year starts. :) Let's see how full I can get ORT to be.

Yeah, I named him ORT. Not O.R.T. but just plain ol' ORT. How original right? LOL!

3 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Some people stitch so much that they empty out their ORT jar and start over every month! Not me... my little jar kept getting fed all year and is full to the top now (finally).

ArtsyFartsy Panda said...

They empty it out every month?!?! Whoa... that just means a LOT of stitching. Lucky them. I'll be lucky to fill this up by the end of the year.

Daffycat said...

Welcome to the Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long! I like your jar!

I have a tiny jar to fill each month, then dump it into a bigger jar after I take my new moon photo. In that big jar are ORTs from several years now lol!